Circle Economy is seeking a new mid-level to senior designer who wants to have a positive impact on the world. You will be designing for a variety of outputs across digital and offline media. To be successful, you’ll have to be capable of extracting the required information from your peers to understand each problem space, and to come up with relevant and effective visual solutions.
Who we are:
We're an international team working on accelerating the adoption of the circular economy, and we’re scaling up. We use design to map, illustrate, and translate complex ideas and data into clean, simple, and attractive visuals that support the company’s messaging.
Designers here also play a direct role in strengthening our brand and increasing the impact we have around the world.
What you will be doing:
Our work takes us to diverse places, as we work with businesses, cities and national governments. As our second graphic designer in a design team of five, you will report to the head of design and work closely with our first graphic designer to achieve the following:
- You'll ask the right questions to your peers in order to extract the brief you need, and translate it into branded materials to achieve the desired outcomes.
- In doing so, you will create assets such as data-driven infographics and concept-driven illustrations, using creative metaphors that are relevant to the context and target audience.
- You will also be producing communication materials (social media, website) and print layouts (such as reports), finding new and exciting ways to get our messages across and to consolidate our brand.
- You will coordinate with third parties and clients as necessary, and make data-driven design decisions based on testing your designs with the end users of your materials.
You’ve spent 3 to 6 years being sort of amazing in agencies, in-house, or freelancing. You can design for print and digital, and you're curious about the people you design for. You’re fluent in English and Adobe CC.
Some qualities we need to see in you:
- An interest in sustainability
- A conceptual and curious creative
- A strong team player, self-started and empathic
- The ability to juggle projects calmly and optimistically
- Adaptability in a fast-changing and complex environment
- Understanding of identity design, infographics and dataviz, marketing
Cool if you have these, okay if you don’t:
- Experience with Figma or equivalent
- Experience in video editing and/or motion design
- Dutch fluency
This is a full-time role (40h per week). We offer a good challenge for a passionate designer and a competitive salary, keeping in mind we’re a social enterprise. You’ll need an EU work authorisation to get this job.
ABOUT CIRCLE ECONOMY
Circle Economy is an impact organisation combining research, tools, and advice for the greater good. We were founded to create prosperity for all within the limits of our planet. With nature as our mentor, we accelerate circularity. We help businesses, cities, and nations with data-powered roadmaps for change. We are an international team of excited experts based in Amsterdam.
Earth, our home, needs to be healthy, safe, and just for generations to come. We harness the world’s intelligence and collaborative drive to restore its balance. It can and must be done; we pave the way.
A circular economy meets the needs of people in harmony with nature. It designs out waste and pollution, keeps products and materials in use, and regenerates natural systems. It’s a balancing act with nature as our mentor.
It is our mission to accelerate the transition to a circular economy. Our global economy is only 8.6% circular today, leaving a massive Circularity Gap. To avoid climate breakdown, we aim to roughly double global circularity from 8.6% to 17% by 2032 in a safe and just way. We do this by creating:
An Impact-Driven Data and Evidence Base;
Establishing metrics for assessing circularity that embraces ecological, economical, and social indicators
Promoting circular solutions, innovations, and initiatives that have a positive impact on ecology, economy, and society
Actionable and Practical Strategies;
Building capacity of stakeholders towards the implementation of circular strategies
Ensuring multi-stakeholder commitment—operational, financial, and political—towards the implementation of circular strategies
A Digital Environment to Scale Adoption;
Standardising and digitising the scan approach into products and tools
Facilitating access to tools and knowledge through open online platforms
We are an international team of ambitious and highly driven (young) professionals who share the belief that the circular economy creates prosperity for all. We work in a lively and dynamic atmosphere in our open office space right in the heart of Amsterdam. At Circle Economy, we have a friendly and open team dynamic and a culture of getting things done while having fun.
Circle Economy welcomes applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity,as governed under our Gender Equality Plan. Circle Economy encourages our candidates to refrain from attaching their profile photos and gender details in their resumes to mitigate any potential subconscious bias.